Sunday, March 26, 2006

are we?

Health is Wealth (kandipa)
hw many of us are taking care of our own health?
w/out proper food and w/out proper sleep,
do u think tht u can maintain ur health?


"Food'
if we are with our parents., no need to WORRY for anything…
they are ther to take care of us..(Doesn’t matter even if u r 40yrs old…)

whn I was in india
I used to eat anything at home = no complaints at all…..
but if they repeat the same item, I used to say to my mom =>

( though I dun eat vegetables at all, but I want different vegetables sambar, pulikulambu etc)
ie, Kathrika illadha kathirika sambar, beans illadha beans pulikulambu etc etc)

Me:-amma, yemma eppa parthaalum indha (for ex:) katrikai ey vaikereenga? Vera edhuvum theriaadha?
amma:- aama nee காய் saapidra madhirithaan… summa saapidu da
Me:- saapida maten nu theriudhu la? Why cant u try someother dish like this and tht..
amma:- dai, ennaku therinchadhu ithuthaan..unaku variety aah venum naah, unnai kattika porava kita sollu … senjitharuva…..
PS:- (tht time I was a college student…)
Me:- ungalukku pesavey theriaadha ma?
amma:- enaku pesa therialana, nee eppadi da pesuva? ( oh "தாய்மொழி"?)
we both will laugh …..then'll forget the topic…
(someother day it wil start again)

now in Kuwait,
Here, I hav becom choosy in foods…..
I never eat if I dun like, (evn to fill the stomach)

Breakfast no probs..
bread and butter goes daily no probs in it

Lunch
1. I cant eat everything wht they put in cafeteria…
(like pasta, vermicelli rice, arabic style curry etc etc)
2. I hate frozen chicken, mutton…
I'll not even turn to the dish side …..
I will starve better than eating such items..

so everyday my lunch wil be rice and dhaal, I always carry a pickle bottle in my car ( funny aah irruka? Vera vali illai nga)

(PS:- cos, of some of south indian cook in the hotel, I'm seeing now a days "மோர் குழம்பு")
also I startd loving vegetables…..but not getting enough chance to grab it………
he he he

Dinner
no choice,
daily barotta with "egg illadha egg curry"…
( in one of the kerala hotel ""சலீச்சு போச்சு" nga)
I can eat idli, dosai , etc etc….but cant do it daily ( its tooooooooo expensive)….


PS:-
1. I never feel shy eating in friends house.. Whnever, I visit some => I directly ask them , can I eat here today?
(whr in india, I nvr eat anywhr except in my house)..
home food is home food….nothing can beat it….

I 'm not blaming, jst talkin abt my "******'……

10 comments:

neighbour said...

ennangaa ooru vitu ooru vantha idhu thaaan nilaimai..

morning vellaikaaran unavu.. adhu thaanga bread and butter..

afternoon.. namma kai vannam.. naangalae mundhina naal samachathu..

Dinner: self made foods.. what ever we think..

veetu saapadae thani tasteu thaan brother.. adutha vaaram saapida pooramulaa...

Ghost Particle said...

i faced the same prob when i'm away from home (6 years now)...nothing I eat will satisfy me. If im home, ill eat non-stop.

visithra said...

Aiyoyo cook from home then

ada-paavi!!!! said...

i have same plight :((((

My days(Gops) said...

@neigh:- adhey thaan nilamai...
next week going to eat house food?
saapidunga saapidunga, ennakum sethu, ok va? nanba?

@ghost particle:- welcum here, same here too...

@visith:- kandipa, next blog abt cooking only......

@ada:- cheers......

Usha said...

Idhukudhan munnadiye amma-kitta adangi poirukanum-nradhu ;)

My days(Gops) said...

@usha:- vera enna nga pannuradhu? appo appadi, ippa ippadi....
btw, thnx for passing by...

Gopalan Ramasubbu said...

ithelam nyame illa Gops.marupadi marupadi verupetharinga.

Has to be me said...

Naanum apadithan...with my mom. My mom used to be a working lady & attimes when she was in a rush, she used to tell me to have cornflakes for b'fast & I used to say - Che, cornflakes aah, yanaku vayndam! Now that I'm a working lady myself, I have cornflakes for b'fast most of the days! U can browse the umpteen blog food sites & try ur luck in making a hearty meal 4 urself.
BTW, ur name "my days are counted" sounds too tragic!

My days(Gops) said...

@gops:- yenga? how i irritated u? sollunga please.

@hastobeme :- ella nilamai'um ippadi thaanu inga vandhadhuku appuram thaan purinjichi...
all in the game...

Regarding my "my_days_are_counted"..
gonna change it very soon....

thnx for passing by..