Monday, March 13, 2006

Its My Birthday.....

kadavul punniathula..
me entering into 26 today......

yahoo...............

padinga padinga padichikitey irrunga.......

well fourth year in a row celebrated my b'day outside my home…….

Birthday one & only a special day whr ur relations, friends, Parents, colleagues specially focus on u to greet, to take treat… etc etc..

Celebrating our birthday differs from child to childhood to teenage to youth to mid-age to
kela-bolt….

whn we are child , (ie upto 3yrs) our parents will celebrate our birthday's by inviting peoples, cutting cakes, making parties, giving gifts..

whn we are in schools, wht we'll do? if the birthday's falls on the week days, we used to wear new clothes, distribute chocolates(catbury's mostly) to our schoolmates and fivestar chocolates to the teachers….. And once u come frm school, ther will be a special food in our house……

whn we are in teenage, we feel shy to distribute chocolates to the students.., so we'll ask our parents, ma, please give me the money instead of buying the chocolates, I wil treat my friends in the canteen…..

whn u r in college, I swear most of the friends wil be after u on ur birthday to giv them treat in the bar (saraku)… so we'll behunting for money here and ther to satisfy them.
(irrukaadha pinna, namma birthday pa)……
(birthday annaiku veetula kaasu vanguradhuku namma padura padu irrukey )
......aappappaa………

mmmm….adhu oru alagia nila kaalam…….

since I started working I've not celebrated my birthday with my family and friends for the past 4 yrs…..

wht I did ystdy,?
got up at 7.30 with a wishing call from my brother..
my inbox (mobile) showed 22msgs received…….
all are b'day wishes msgs frm my friends in india…..
after taking shower I prayed for a while (adhisiyam aaanal unmai ellam illai, I do pray daily,)…..
then dressed up,(no new clothes), had a glass of milk, went down, started my car and switched on the tape and selected the songs in rhandom mode….beleive me , the first song I heard is "kadavul thandha alagia valkai",from maayavi….
me bit surprised, but I repeated tht song till I reach the office…..

all my colleagues wished me, then I opend my mail , the greetings I recvd in yahoo mail 26, Hotmail 7…….
I chekd each and everything, ……… and started thanking them thru phone…..
PS:- I do hav a habbit of calling all of my friends who sms me, mails me, on my b'day……
each one I used to call 1 or 2 mins, whre I get the real pleasure……

by the time I finishd thanking thm, its already lunch time…..
as I promised , I took 7 of my colleagues to KFC ( I hate KFC) but its their choice…so no other go…… we returned at 3.15 to the office and all settled down in their work,
but me? I decided myself the other day, tht I shudnt work on my b'day, so I seriouly followed tht…………..
he he he

I invited my tamil friends with their families for dinner n a "southindian restaurant"…..

at sharp 5pm, me " vudu joot" from the office , and straightly went to my ex-colleague's new office and spen'd some time with them (I hardly get chance like this)………….
by 7.30pm all of them came to the restaurant and the dinner started with oothaapam, thosai, masal thosai, Idli ,sambaar, chutney, aiyo aiyo ellam namma ooru veg item……
saapadu oh oh , aah aah………….

we all had a nice time, after a long time…..
talking, joking, commenting on things like wht we did 2 years before during our office days, in the room , while shopping ...
it goes on...
by 11.15pm we all said g'bye and moved out.....

mmmmm …it’s a nother memorable b'day…………
yet again 4get to take the camera (pathastam)…
.so one of my friend captured the moments in his mobile phone……….

PS:- 1.Since I knw myself, I hav not cut any cake on my b'day……..i duno why
2. the b'day which I celebrated during my college days with my parents money, has a
pasumai aana ninaivugal…which is not gonna happen again in my life time………..
i really miss it………..
3. Birthday is the only day which I celebrate a lot………..
Total people wished me

Sms => 89
Phone calls=> 31
Thru mails => 33
Thru my blog friends==> 8
direct wishes ==> 46
totally it crossed 200 , I'm really happy (this much people reminded me)……

as ponnarasi said,
many ggggreat personalities b'days falls in march, and I'm one of tht

lol
cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 comments:

DaldaDappa and Proud said...

Yahooo.... Wish you a very very Happy Birthday! Hehehe and you still look soo young... Going by your profile pic...

neighbour said...

"இனிய பிறந்தநாள் நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்"

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Hey a very Happy birthday.. What was spl for the day???

kuttichuvaru said...

awesome... Happy Bday dude!! Treat??

TamilPonnu said...

HAPPY SLAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! GOD BLESS!!!!


:) what r u gonna do for ur bday today?????

Subodh Gupta said...

Happy B'day Gops!!!!

Nabeel said...

great mann .. congratulations .. did you celebrate your birthday .. u know cut a cake and all

Jeevan said...

Eniya Piranthanaal Vazthukkal gops. what special for your birthday?

My days(Gops) said...

@preethi:- welcum, thanks for ur wishes and u knw i'm still young, better than profile pic...

@neighbour:- mikka nanri thalaiva...

@pon:- thanks for ur wishes, spl? i am the special of the day..
he he he

@kutti:- thanks dude..konjam naaal poru thalaiva....treat ku

@tamilponnu:- thanks for ur wishes,
read my blog if u hav time....
he he he

@subodh:- thanks yaar,

@nabeel:- welcum, thanks for ur wishes, no cake cutting, but i celebrated..

@jeevan:- romba nanri....naaney oru special, appuram edhuku innoru special?

neighbour said...

hmmm.. ora enjoy pannerukeenga pola... Captain sire mathiri count yellam sollareenga... irundhaalum saaptia item name yellam solli enga manasa pun paduthiruka koodaddhu..

Then nanaum ora oru birthday thaan cake vetti konddatirukaen that too last year.. adhuveum rendu cakeku one in my room from my friends and one in my office...

u know if your birthday falls in May then you dont have a problem in school and college life. Mostly it will be on annual holidays.. Namukum appadithaan.. but I enjoyed roaming with my friends on my Bday..

My days(Gops) said...

@neigh:- nanba, idhelam aadiki oruthara ammavasaiku oru thara saapiduradhu thaaan.....so dun feel much....anga ennovo adhey thaan ingaium.....

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Hi,
Glad to know that you had a great day. Photos??? BTW, birthday'kku pudhu dress podalaya? Profile'a pazhayaaaaaaaaaa sokka'vey potrkey :P Hehehehe

visithra said...

Sorry Belated birthday wish - nethu konjam busy didnt come by :((

Jeevan said...

200 wishes,na sumava. hope u enjoy the birthday:)

My days(Gops) said...

@visith:- thanks..nvm on belated wishes..

@jeevan:- ya i enjoyed, 200 wishes i didnt expected too

Maha said...

Thatz a nice way to celebrate your day! Birthday Wishes.. May ur wishes come true...

(PS:Just dropped by, couldn't resist wishing to a person celebrating bday in same month as mine)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/weathercom/298713874092l]www.weather.com[/url]

Anonymous said...

Possibly the GREATEST topic I read all year...

Jerry
sieperda foltz insurance